Monday, March 21, 2011

Kids in Motion


Zoé just started a gym class, on Saturday morning. I now you are all probably thinking that I am crazy adding another thing to Zoé's overbooked schedule, but hey it's good to have activities on the weekend, besides, her Daddy will be able to go with her so they can share QT (Quality Time), I can then have my own QT and David can see how well Zoé is doing in the class.
I was quite nervous the first time around, because I thought Zoé would be lost, in fact, there is a lot of free play, she goes around exploring, and then there is directed exercises such as the Beam bars, circle time with stretching and warming up, cartwheeling, jumping on the trampoline, climbing the parallel bars, etc. Now, obviously some of the things Zoé cannot do, but she is OK with that, she compensates and has fun, which is what I care about, for her to enjoy, laugh and run around.

Today we had "clinic"at CCS (California Children Services) and we are back with AFOs (Ankle Foot Orthotics). I had somewhat made the decision for Zoé to stop wearing them, for I felt that her feet everted due to the bulky shoes, but both PT, OT and the doctor decided that Zoé looked much better with them, so we are back in orthotics-mode until the next appointment with the PT, we'll then see whether we see a real difference.

It is so funny how I have become quite "blasée" about these clinic appointments. I remember when I was a rookie, and now I feel I have upgraded to the professional league, the mom that takes charge, that doesn't ask a million questions, because I know the answers, etc, so it went pretty well.
The hard part was that we had to eat a sandwich in the car on our way from Zoé's class to the clinic, for we had no time to stop in between places...I have come used to what Zoé likes to say "On picnic dans la voiture" (We picnic in the car), the problem is that Zoé is such a gourmet that she is not too keen on PBJ (Peanut Butter and Jelly) sandwiches, so she eats crackers and cheese, I end up eating her PBJ, which was actually what I craved when I was pregnant...

Well, I want to rest for a few minutes before the laundry machine beeper wakes Zoé up. We are going to go blow bubbles and draw with chalk in the backyard before the weather changes.
A bientot on the blog!

The picture: Zoé is chilling after a hard days work...loving Ariel, the Little Mermaid.

1 comment:

Shona said...

I haven't had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since the last time i was in America years ago. I never think of making them here in the UK. We don't really eat them, I have no idea why not as they are yummy and we have all the ingredients. (except we say Jam not jelly)