Wednesday, November 24, 2010

National Caregiver Month







We are the unsung heroes of our children's lives.

This post is dedicated to all the beautiful, inspirational moms and dads I had the chance to meet at PIP (Parent Infant Program). Our days there are numbered as Zoé graduates next Tuesday! I dread the moment when we have to say goodbye.
Zoé is ready to move on, but she will surely miss her dear friends.
I am not ready to move on. I wish I could stay there forever, sharing laughs, cries, tissues, tea and stale cookies.
I have decided that with PIP ending it doesn't mean that support groups have to. So it will be my new calling, to organize play dates, drinking dates in the evening with my life line, my group of special moms of kids with special needs.

If you recall having read the "Welcome to Holland" post way back when, you will know that it's been a joyful and terrifying journey. One big roller-coaster, but I'm still enjoying the ride.

Zoé too. She's still working on building muscles, walking, standing, sitting, crouching, painting, cooking.

Above are pictures of my baby blue, my pretty-in-pink darling trooper.

1 comment:

Shona said...

Hope you don't mind I put a link to your blog from my blog. I can take it off if you don't want it there.
Shona