Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bubbles and Hats and all things nice...





What are little girls made of, what are little girls made of? Bubbles and hats and all things nice!

Had a wonderful time last night with two friends from the "sorority of special moms with special kids".

We had a good laugh and it's fun to help one another see through different lens, how we go about raising our children.

We mentioned how the landscape of our lives has been altered by what we have to deal with, on a day to day basis. The ups and downs of parenthood, and the added weight of having a child that needs a little more than the "neuro-typical" one, that little extra push up the slide, that extra attention, the extreme patience, that sometimes I lack, for at the end of the day, I am exhausted.

I think we need more of these nights where we cheer each other, for we all do a tremendous job, and it is important to cut ourselves some slack, because we do what we can to make the journey a fun one for all, despite the challenges and hurdles we are faced with everyday.

Thank you for sharing this trip to Holland, Suzy and Bahar, I'm so glad we can travel together!

I just dropped Zoé at day care and I need to organize my day, prioritize what is important to me, take full advantage of this day,to recharge my batteries, so that I can be an even better mom when I go pick her up, later today.

1 comment:

Catherine Speyer said...

Hi Sarah,

Zoe is really maturing and has skin like peaches and cream, and oh my gosh, those eyelashes are gorgeous! We are so enjoying your every typewritten account of her adventures and of her progress. What an amazing Mom you are!!! Keep the pretty photos coming! Hugs, Catherine